Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Know-vember: Mr Tumshie


All right, it's not his real name, but if you're on Twitter (as so many of us are) that's how you know him. A canny chess player, a friendly chauffeur (^_^) and blipper of tunes, Mr Tumshie keeps us all amused with his sardonic humour. But he won't let me tell you his real name because he's shy. Or the church police are after him. Or maybe it's just a fear of ocelots. Yes, I think it must be the latter.

1. What's the first thing you do upon waking in the morning?

Work out where I am, shortly followed by sighing with disappointment at where I'm not.

2. What's a song you might be persuaded to dance to?

Not sure I should say but the one I find hardest to resist is Night Boat To Cairo by Madness.

3. Where in the world do you live?

I live here -- what a silly question!

4. What's a great night out for you?

A drink with friends, preferably after a concert by a good band.

5. What's a great night in?

Being alone with that special someone -- everything else is just details.

6. If you were offered an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Well, I've been to Paradise but I've never been to me. I looked on maps but couldn't find it so that's where I'd like to go. I hope the weather is better there.

7. What book do you wish everyone would read so you could talk about it?

Tiger's Modern by Grandmaster Tiger Hillarp Persson. For some reason most of my friends don't read chess books. Their loss.

8. What movie makes you cry?

Difficult to answer that one as I'm not much of a one for watching things that make me cry. I have wept with laughter watching Way Out West -- will that do?

9. What makes you laugh?

Lots of things make me laugh. Clever puns are a favourite maybe. Silly cleverness or clever silliness might be a better answer.

10. Are there fairies at the bottom of your garden?

No, the leprechauns chased them all away.

Alas! Thanks, Mr T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which came first? chicken or the egg