Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tuesday's Overlooked A/V: Pop Hive & Galway Races

Happy Valentine's Day to my sweetie xxx Glad I could spend at least part of the day with you :-)

Good news from Mr B, who shared the link from Dark Valentine Press who now lists the Drunk on the Moon collection as forthcoming this spring (so just around the corner). Also my Fall-inspired noir story "Bill is Dead" will also be appearing soon. Linkage when it's available...

POP HIVE

My BitchBuzz editor Cate Sevilla has started up a new pop culture-themed web tv series. Drop by and experience the bright bubble of fun. Episodes on Vimeo.



Pop Hive: Episode 2
from Pop Hive on Vimeo.



GALWAY RACES/RAISA NA GAILLIMHE

When we visited TG4 the station director told us about the second series of the Irish language soap "Galway Races" so I figured it would be fun. It's a hoot - distinctly odd and I can already see the very local touches. You can watch it and all the Irish-language programming for free anywhere in the world. Next episode is tomorrow night. I'll be watching! Let's make it an international phenomenon. Besides, you get to visit all the familiar sights around Galway. Imagine "Dynasty" in a fairly small town. There's a crashed and burned politician, a tough police chief trying to reform a laughable force when her ne'er-do-well hippie brother shows up and an assortment of hustling would be entrepreneurs all around.

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Header got scrambled a bit...hey, my first Gaelic show in a long time! (The previous one was a somewhat unsoapy dramatic serial a decade or so back...). Beehives will pop!

K. A. Laity said...

Awesome! I hadn't ever really watched much on the channel, but this has been fun so far. And it's great to see the familiar spots.